Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Even though Bug didn't officially have an 11 month birthday....


You don't really think about someone who's birthday is on the 31st of the month, that they do not always have an actual monthly milestone.  All our birthday are early in the month, so the thought never really occurred to me...until now.  Chase's birthday is on the 29th and being a non-leap year, February only has 28 days.  So even though we are officially in Chase's BIRTHDAY MONTH, he never really had an 11 month birthday....


Does that exempt me from writing a blog post about it??




I guess I will continue.


This has been a busy month.  My mom came out to visit for a few days at the beginning of February.  She came out to go to our annual super bowl party at a family friend's house since the BRONCOS were in the super bowl...everyone know the outcome of that, sadly.  Nonna also made us all some really cute shirts for the game! Yes, made! Thanks Nonna :)






We also had some pre-birthday celebrations for my 25th birthday while she was here! My actually birthday was really very lame.  We spent the day doing a whole lot of nothing.  Zachary had preschool, and the other 2 boys and I just hung out at the house.  Before school we did make a box cake though.  When Paul got home we ran errands to Costco, then went to Qdoba.  We ended up having 2 free meals on our reward's card, so my birthday dinner was around $8 - score!  Paul then had to go to a board meeting, so the boys and I ate cake by ourselves, and Auntie Alexa stopped by with my birthday present :)

 I got to wake up to these cute faces!

My Cake the boys helped me make :)


Here are a couple really cute videos.  The first is the boys signing happy birthday to me on my birthday.  This was the second time they sang (the first I didn't record, so I made them do it again).  The 1st time around was much cuter, but this was still wonderful.  


This second video is of Zachary signing happy birthday to me a couple days later.  We told the boys that in order to get a piece of birthday cake, they had to sing Happy Birthday to the person again.  Well Zachary already had his 1st piece of birthday cake and was trying to sing for another piece...I'll let you decide if we gave him another piece or not ;-) 


The rest of the month was filled with soccer for Braden, swimming for B and Z, Chase taking naps and hanging out/loving life....oh, and a whole lotta lacrosse!  My team started a lot of preseason camps and skills clinics, and we officially started our season on Monday.  So needless to say, I have not seen much of Paul lately, but we are all adjusting to the new schedule nicely and the boys are getting to play with friends A LOT at lifetime (which they love).

And on to a quick Bug update:

*mom's measurements*
Height: 30 inches...you wiggle a lot, so who knows how accurate that is.
Weight: 23 pounds
Head: 47 cm
Diapers: 3s during the day and 4s at night.  And biggest setting on your Rumparooz.   

Shoes: Size 4s in your "snow shoes".  These are actually the only shoes you cannot rip off, so they are usually all you wear.  Sometimes your brothers will want you to wear TOMS like them.  We have graduated to those size 5s.  Another mom who takes her kiddos to Lifetime also gave us a pair of her boys old Ugg booties (the cutest ever!) and those are a toddler size small.  They will be so perfect once you start walking.

See, Baby Uggs....the cutest!
Clothes: 6-12 months in some gap and old navy stuff, 9 month or 12 month PJs, some 6 month onesies, but mostly 9 months in everything at this point.  The only sweat pants we have are 6-9 months (because B and Z were born in the summer, seasonal clothing is off), but they are fine.  I cannot wait to put you in some of the bigger boys old 12 month muscle shirts this summer! Your little chubby arms will be adorable

Teeth:  You now have 8 teeth; 4 top and 4 bottom.  Everyone comments how you have more teeth than their toddlers.  You have the biggest smile, so everyone can always see your pearly whites...which we really need to start brushing more.

Food:  You're not becoming a picky eater, but you are becoming a very independent eater.  You will only eat about half a serving of "baby food" before you start 'demanding' the food off my plate to feed yourself.  You pretty much eat whatever we eat for dinner.  You've also had some eggs, which is a doctor no-no, but you love them, and don't seem to have an allergy. 

Milestones:  You clap. It is the CUTEST! We will say "yay Chaser Bug" and you stop whatever you are doing, look at us, and clap your chubby little hands!  If someone says "Yay Braden" at a soccer game, you will do the same.  We were watching the olympics one night and Braden was cheering on the ice skaters (I know that sounds silly) and you started babbling and clapping along with him.

This is a little video clip of you clapping at one of Braden's soccer games.


You will also give high-fives to your brothers.  You also will correctly refer to daddy and I - Mama and Dada - when we come to get you for diaper changes, getting out of the car seat, eating etc. 

And a not so lovely milestone: you like to check and make sure your willy is still there EVERY time we take your diaper off.  This includes when you have a giant poop, and sometimes we are just not fast enough and you get a handful of poo in your hand.  And of course with our uncontrolled movements it usually ends up in your hair, on your face, or on the changing table.  

Schedule: It's been a little crazy with me starting lacrosse, but you're awesome.  I usually work at LT in the morning, you'll take a little nap when come home during lunch.  You'll nap while Zachary is at preschool (if we don't have errands to run), then after we pick up Zachary you will go to LT with daddy and brothers while Mommy coaches.  Then we come home for dinner and you go to bed.  Like I said, you're pretty awesome.  

You LOVE playing this your brothers, and they LOVE playing with you.  It's so great to see this bond the 3 of you have!  And to think, I was worried how a third baby was going to mess with Braden and Zachary's brotherly dynamic.  Here is just a short video of the 3 of you playing football together.  It just makes my heart smile watching you 3 play together.


And of course...more photos from this past month: 

Out to lunch
Playing blocks
I just love this naked man
Bother TV time
Chase playing with MY baby rattle
Family time watching the winter olympics
I think he loves me too
Brother iPad time
Making brownies while Zachy is at school
hummm......
Craft Time
Our valentines day crafts
Daycare at Braden's soccer game
Running errands with Mommy
I think he is starting to warm up to me....
Out to lunch
underwear party
3 best friends anyone ever had
I love this face!!!!!
...and I still love to watch him sleep

We were even able to enjoy the park a little this month
And it is officially Chase Weldon's Birthday month!  My baby will be 1 in a few short weeks.  Seriously, where has the time gone!?!?!?!
Here is a little bonus "Baby Giggles" video to get you going today.  If you didn't have a smile on your face from all the adorable videos and photos above, and this does not do the trick, you might want to go to the doctors and get checked out because there is probably something wrong with you ;-)


...Until the birthday celebrations y'all....


No comments:

Post a Comment