Friday, March 8, 2013

37 Week Bump Attack

I guess I have a lot to update everyone on since it has been about 5 weeks since I last posted a baby update.

Baby boy wants to come out!  On February 20th, just a few days shy of 35 weeks, I went into preterm labor.  As in full on contracting and dilating.  I just felt "off" all afternoon.  I didn't really feel any major contractions, but after lunch they kept getting a bit stronger, a bit closer together, and nothing I did (chug water, lay down, etc) was making them stop.  I summoned Auntie Lexa to come over and watch the boys for a few hours while Paul took me to go get checked out.  And good thing, or else Feb 21st, might have been little's birthday!

They first tried 2 shots of terbutaline, which would help, for about a hot second, and then the contractions would start right back up again.  After the third shot, they finally had spaced out longer, but they had gotten stronger.  We tried a dose of procardia, and that helped a little more, but still did not stop them.  After 1 more shot of terbutaline and another dose of procardia, we finally got them to a place where it was okay if I went home...we ran to the 24 hour Walgreens to pick up my prescription of procardia and made it back home around 2am that morning.  Since that night I have been on an around the clock dose of the procardia every 4 hours (which is "normal" for anyone in this situation).

The medication could do 1 of 2 things to my body.  Hold off labor until we go off the meds - or - have completely shut down my body that we will need to jump start it back up by inducing.  Since I will be 37 weeks on Saturday, and thus considered officially full term, we are going to stop the medication today (the 8th).  It's my guess that little will either arrive this weekend, or wait until his induction which is scheduled for the 29th.

Either way, I am okay with whatever he decides.  As uncomfortable as I am getting (I'll tell you a quick story in a minute), it would just be a lot easier knowing the date, and being able to plan on my parents being up here to help with the boys before, during, and a bit after he is born.  But no matter when he decides to come, we know it will be this month and the Easter Bunny is preparing to bring 3 baskets of goodies and not just 2 this year!

AHHHH - THIS IS REALLY GETTING REAL!

Have you ever had heart burn so bad, to the point that it feels like your insides are on fire, you are vomiting every 10 minutes, TUMs are not even helping, and you can't lay down on your back!?!?! Well that's how I felt Wednesday night - IT. WAS. AWFUL. I think it's safe to say that it was the worst night I have experienced being pregnant, ever!

Now....for the 37 week update, I am sure y'all are dying to see a picture right?  Well let me just say, I don't remember being this "round" with B and Z....it seriously looks like I swallowed a basketball!

Excuse the lovely photo...I never learned how to take photos of myself in a mirror properly
How far along? 37 Weeks, full term! Whoop Whoop! Procardia has officially been stopped, no more ducky alarm going off every 4 hours!

Total weight gain: I was 164 at the Doctors today...That's more like it in terms of my previous weight gain during pregnancy....So that's about 36pounds gained - Oh man, am I chubby! 

Stretch marks? Paul and I found the first new one the other day - it's radiating out the top of my belly button, super weird.


Sleep: I wake up a lot to pee, and the ducky alarm goes off at 1:30am and 5:30am so I can take my meds...but no more! 


Best moment this week:
I started coaching on the 25th of Feb, so I have just been heading to practice around 3, and Paul comes home to watch the boys.  We have been doing really well on this whole 'eat at home' thing, and it's a nice change that I get to come home to dinner on the table! 

Miss Anything? Not really...feeling comfortable I guess, and being able to walk right.  I am a waddling mess, and it's probably pretty hilarious to watch me stand up, or get out of bed.
 
Movement: Moving around like crazy (still!), despite the fact that there's hardly any room left for him to wiggle!  He often gets his hands and feet moving at the same time!


Food cravings: Just meat on Friday's since it's Lent.  Who knew it would be so hard not to eat meat!  Fish just sounds nasty, so I am on carb overload on Friday's (which makes me feel like absolute poop).


Anything making you queasy or sick: I have had the worst heartburn for the last 2 nights in a row, that I have actually thrown up because it hurts so bad.  Also, if I over eat I feel horrible too. 


Gender: Boy



Labor Signs: As I am writing this my belly is starting to tighten up a bit.  Could be the start of something...or just me coming down from the meds.


Symptoms: My whole body just aches....seriously uncomfortable.

Belly Button in or out? Definitely out - not sure if I mentioned how I have a weird belly button before.  But anyways, its only part out, maybe because I have such an inny belly button to begin with.  It looks like a special needs belly button.  Paul and B think it's pretty hilarious to mess with it. 


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time:  Honestly - most the time just blah.  I have had my fair share of meltdowns this week though.  One of the boys locked the bathroom door and it took Paul and I a few hours to get it open...except we never really opened it, Paul just ended up drilling through the handle to get it to pop off.


Looking forward to: Not being so chubby anymore.  The weight gain has caught up with me, and since I have not been able to go on walks or workout any because of the pre-term labor, I just feel like a giant cow :-/ 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! Your so close! Good luck and after you and the baby are settled in after a couple months you Molly and I can finally have our play date! I'm excited for you!!!! Keep us posted in his debut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for baby 3 to arrive!! Let me know if you need anything! :)

    ReplyDelete