Wednesday, March 20, 2013

39 Week Ramblings

To say "not much" has been going on this week would be a complete and total lie.  We have been so busy.  I am sure it's a burst of nesting and spring cleaning fever combined with the fact that nearly ALL my family is coming up at some point this week...but we have been cleaning and de-cluttering fools!

We live in a little 1300sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo.  And when I say nearly all my family, I mean everyone except one of my little sisters will be here, fur members and all.  For those of you keeping score at home that's a total of 5 adults, 2 toddlers, a newborn at some point, 3 dogs, and a bunny! YIKES! My sister is actually only going to be here for a week, so her overlap will only be for about 3 or 4 days with my parents, and I think that my dad has scheduled "work meetings" so that he can sneak away to a hotel for a few days here and a few days there over their stay (lucky guy!). 
 
Over the last few weeks we have been boxing up toys from the playroom (slash guest room), leaving out B and Zs current favorites.  Cleaning out drawer and closet space for everyone so that suitcases are not taking up all the floor space in our house (because the dogs will be needing that).  I can't wait to take photos and show this mess to everyone...I can only imagine.  But I think Paul and I did a really good job in preparing for the madness.  

With all this madness arriving, I can sleep a bit easier knowing that whenever Little decides it's go time, we will be ready and not have to make a zillion 2 am phone calls to make arrangements for the boys.  Because if you know my kids, you know that they will come in the middle of the night, causing a big ruckus whenever they so please.  They are stubborn and don't listen from the time they are in the womb. 

What else?? Hospital bag is packed and ready to go.  Paul knows what he is to grab should he need to come back home for 'supplies'.  Braden realizes D-day is getting closer and closer...Zach, is just Zach. He's chillin.  Side note: Therapy is going really well for him.  He is making lots of progress, and making steps in the right direction.  Making more sounds, and adding a few full words to his vocabulary.  I still wouldn't say he is "talking" yet.  More just sounds/babbles with a few words mixed in here and there. 

I have been spending a bit of my "free time" while Aunt Bryce plays with the boys designing a couple different birth announcement possibilities to use.  Not sure which style I am going to go with yet, but they are fun and simple.  I love having Photoshop Elements so that I can "borrow" ideas I see on Etsy and make them my own :)

And now for the "official" 39 Week Update:


How far along? 39 Weeks!  Little, I honestly didn't think we were going to make it this far..any time you want to arrive now would be great ;-)

Total weight gain: 164lbs (AH! That's so embarrassing!) Everything is just starting to get wide...seriously though, even my basketball belly is starting to stretch wider than my torso.  And my backside, I won't even go there :( Lets just leave it at wide...
Stretch marks? Just the one new one I think
Sleep: I still wake up a few times a night, and I keep getting those pesky little nightly contractions.  I am sure if I really set my mind to it, and was not so dang tired I could do a little walking and cleaning to keep the momentum going.  Maybe once my parents arrive tonight I can start "trying" to make this happen.
Best moment this week: Having my family arrive
Miss Anything? Being able to walk and breath.  I always give Paul a hard time for walking so slow in stores, and now I am having to pull on his arm to make him slow down!
Movement: He is super duper cramped so his movements have decreased a little.  Hopefully this means he is calming down a bit and won't be the crazy newborn I had been envisioning over the last few months.  I get really worried when I don't feel him move for an hour or so, but then I poke around at him and I am greeted with a punch or kick somewhere which it is not welcomed. 
Food cravings: None really....
Anything making you queasy or sick: I actually feel alright, just have to be careful not to over eat, or else I get super yucky feeling!  Heart burn has backed off a bit too, which is a welcomed change.
Gender: Boy

Labor Signs: Just the pesky nightly contractions.  Maybe I will start some of the little "tricks" this week to get the ball rolling.  Telling Little to come out is obviously not working.
Belly Button in or out? Definitely out - it's deformed and hideous. 
Wedding rings on or off? On - but I do have these moments where I can't get it off for an hour or two, again yuck!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, just pooped.  Not sure if it is Little, I can't keep up with the boys, or a combination of both...How to we women do this! Shout out to all you moms of 3 out there!
Looking forward to: Cannot to wait to meet Little.  I am so excited to see which one of his brothers he looks like! :) Seriously, so excited! I am also really excited for my 'Spa'Ridge hospital stay and room service food.  No cooking for a day or 2, no having to worry about what the boys are going to be eating, etc.  I get to be a mom to 1 for a few short hours, catch up on rest, and prepare for life with 3 boys. 

Here's one more belly shot...see what I mean about expanding!?!





1 comment:

  1. Molly sent me over to your blog, I am also an almost mom of three boys! (I'm 20 weeks.) Funny how welcoming that hospital stay seems all the sudden!

    ReplyDelete