Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Welcome to the madness Mr Chase Weldon

Do I seriously have a free moment right now to be typing this?  I mean, if you consider B and Z watching a 'kid show' on the couch, while I feed the baby and type one handed a free moment - why then YES, I do have a free moment right now!!!

We will try keep this short and sweet -
Side note: this post ended up taking me all day to write!

Welcome to the world Mr Chase Weldon!  You were born on March 29th at 10:47am after a fairly easy and uncomplicated delivery.  More details on that may come on a later post.  You were 8 pounds 9.9 ounces (why they didn't just say 10 ounces I have no idea) and 20 inches long.  Your head was also 14 1/4 inches.  Where does that put you on the Schleifer-Bell roster you ask?  You were the shortest, weighed the most, and had the middle size head (with the least amount of hair) ;-) Daddy guessed your weight - he said you were going to be 8lbs 9ozs like the year mommy was born.  We all thought you were going to be longer - and I for sure thought you were going to be a few ounces bigger [at least].  I guess I was just trying to blame all the last minute weight gain on you ;-) 

Your big brothers just adore you!  Braden just wants to hold you all the time.  It works out pretty nicely.  We prop you up in your Boppy pillow on his lap on the couch, and he actually sits still.  Zach picked a heck of a time to start his "terrible twos" (more on that later).  But he just wants to be involved and is not used to not having all the attention.  I will try to write up a post shortly on how each of the boys is adjusting specifically, but all you need to know right now is that we are all adjusting to this new and exciting life.

Daddy went back to work today, and so far it has not been horrible.  Lets get a couple days under our belts and then we can talk about how we are adjusting to life as a family of 5, and how I am doing organizing and figuring out our new schedules.  I can tell you one thing for sure though, this whole "lets ALL wake up at 7am" is not going to fly for much longer ;-) I also need to take a Mommy moment to let the world know I am down to 148lbs.  Still a ways to go, but 20 pounds in 4 days...I'll take it.

And now...photos of the little guy :)

Last night as a family of 4!!

I just had an 8 pound baby...what's his excuse?
Getting all checked out and cleaned up

 
Proud Daddy

Meeting his big brothers for the first time

 
First photo as a family of 5


 
I need to photoshop some of these still ;-)


 
Proud Big Brother Braden


 
Zachary yelling "Hi!" and "Baby!" to his little brother


 
Chase Weldon




Oh man...what do we have coming to us?

Going home outfit, also the first outfit we ever bought for Braden

 
Loving on his baby bro


 
First night home bedtime story


 
Nonna and Papa with the Grandkids and puppies


 
Success!


 
Checking out his biggest brother


 
Someone still thinks he is the baby ;-)


 
More 1st day home alone success!


 
Our Baby blueprint - Top: Braden, Bottom: Zachary, Right: Chase


 
Little Bald Baby - Top: Zachary, Left: Braden, Right: Chase

....That's all for now - I will update everyone more when I get some more "free time".  You can always check out Instagram for daily photos ;-)


2 comments:

  1. Love these photos Paige. Welcome to Chase Weldon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been able to squeeze in a lot of blogging the past week! Welcome Chase, you are adorable! Glad big brothers have been helpful and sweet (aside from the poking, but we all know Chase will have to get used to that, right?). Congrats!

    ReplyDelete