Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Good 'Ol K-Town

Last weekend the family ventured to Kearney, NE for my little sisters initiation into our sorority.

Nothing crazy to report on the trip.  It was a special experience to share and help initiate my sister into Gamma Phi Beta, and made me remember all the wonderful reasons why I joined in the first place.  It was nice to visit and catch up with old friends, some who I have not talked to since I left Kearney.

Braden did okay on the drive.  We bought a duel screen DVD player for the car last year, so we plugged that in and he fell asleep after about an hour - side note: we left Friday after work so we were driving from 4:30-10pm).  Zach on the other hand did not do so well.  We had taken the drive with Braden when he was younger and he just fell asleep, Zach did the opposite, he nearly cried and whined the whole way.  And for those of you who know Zach this was VERY out of the ordinary for him - he is the most happy go lucky, easiest baby in the whole world (and I say that with complete confidence, I challenge someone to find me a more mellow manner baby).  Once we got into town he had a hard time sleeping at the hotel too.  The drive home was not much different, I think he maybe got a half hour nap in there somewhere.

Overall, the trip was fun, but it makes me incredibly nervous to take the 13 hour drive to Texas to visit Nonna and Papa with the boys anytime soon...


Braden enjoying snacks from the truck stop and watching his movie.  We were lucky and only had to stop once each way.  Zach was angry no matter what we were doing, so stops would have not made any difference in him crying the whole way. 


  The boys with the Sinclair dinosaur at Bosselmans.  As with anything, Braden was super excited to see it from far away, but as soon as we got close he was terrified.  


-Paige



No comments:

Post a Comment