Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New Christmas Tradition

I felt I needed to write a post today, don't want to start slacking off on day two!

The boys and I went to storage today to get our Christmas boxes out to start decorating the house this weekend.  Let's be honest, it has made me an emotional wreck! This will be the first year EVER that I have spent the holidays without my parents :( I get that I have my own family now and should start making new memories, BUT the holidays are a time for family and I want mine around.  So needless to say, Braden has asked "where does it hurt mommy" like 5 times today because I will bust out in spontaneous tears (THANK YOU STEROIDS).

On a lighter note I found this SUPER CUTE idea to do with the boys on pintrest - I only starting getting into this a few days ago, because I did not understand the craze, but it is AMAZING, so many great finds and ideas on there.  In any event the new tradition...last year we bought the boys a blue Christmas tree for their bedroom.  Lets back up for a moment - all Braden wanted last year for Christmas was a 'pink Christmas tree' don't know why, but he saw one at Khols one day while we were shopping and that was it.  So instead of buying them a PINK tree, we ended up buying a blue one.  He was slightly dissappointed last year when he saw it was blue and not pink, but was extremely excited when we got it from storage today.  Blue tree = success. On with the tradition...Blue tree in their room, wrap 24 books (could be Christmas related or not) that you already own to put under it, and each night let the boys pick a book to unwrap and read as a bedtime story!  It's an advent calendar of sorts!  Half the fun of present is unwrapping them, and honestly, they are 3 and 1, how will they know that its a book of theirs - or for that matter even care.  I just think its super simple and super cute, so I am really excited to get it started.

I need to schedule our family pictures for the year still, but I will leave you all with this picture of Paul and the boys from last Christmas :)


- Paige

1 comment: