Friday, December 28, 2012

A Very Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a great holiday with your family!  I always say things are "uneventful" when in reality, our "uneventful" is a hectic mess.

On Christmas Eve we were invited over to my dear friend's mama's house for dinner and a white elephant gift exchange.  We all had a great time, dinner was wonderful, and opening, exchanging, and "stealing" presents was a hoot!  The boys (mostly Braden) had a great time playing with their little friend too! It makes me happy to see them doing so well with other babies.  It makes me a little less nervous for when #3 comes along!

Paul and I stayed up on Sunday night to wrap presents, so when we arrived home late on Christmas Eve, we were able to just put the boys to bed and set out the presents.  I also make a breakfast that you leave out over night, so I threw that together really quickly, then it was off to bed.

In the morning, I was sure Braden was going to wake us up early, but staying out until 10pm must have just wore him out!  So luckily he did not run into our room until 8:30am! Paul said this, and I must agree, that I don't think I will ever get tired of him (and eventually the rest of our boys) running into our room to wake us beyond excited for whatever reason!

Although I did get out the camera the night before, I only managed to snap a couple photos throughout the morning.  I did however flip on the video camera and caught the whole morning on video.  We have done this the past couple years, and I always say I am going to put together a short film to send out to the family who could not be with us....but lets be honest, that never happens.  I download the clips to my computer where the memories stay.  This year we were able to FaceTime with out of town family while the boys opened the gifts they sent us, so that was really special! 

Zachary was so cute opening presents.  He would rip off a piece of wrapping paper, and throw it away before ripping another piece.  Needless to say Braden was getting very impatient with how long it was taking Z to open his gifts.

After we opened all our presents, we ate breakfast, and then FaceTimed with family.  The boys were on stimulation overload, so we took advantage of having a "White Christmas", bundled up, and took them outside to shovel for a bit!  The rest of the day was filled with playing with new toys, and watching some family movies :)

Here are a few of what little photos I took from the day....Merry belated Christmas Everyone!

Daddy buried in wrapping paper

Playing their first ever Strat-O-Matic game

Trains




"Mom it's too chilly to say cheese!" ~Zachary



No comments:

Post a Comment