Monday, December 17, 2012

Presents for the Family

If y'all are anything like me, you focus all your energy onto finding and buying the perfect presents for your kiddos.  And let's face it, that's where 99% of your holiday budget goes!

Skipping right over presents for you and the hubby, what are you supposed to buy grandparents, GREAT grandparents, aunts, uncles, and the rest of those family members???  Bring in one of my most favorite gifts to give...the Shutterfly Photobooks.

I LOVE scrap booking, LOVE IT!  But I have not scraped one single page since Braden was born, NOT ONE!  I "discovered" the photo books a few years ago.  It's basically scrap booking, except you can make a zillion copies of it, so EVERY family member/household can get their own copy of my "scrap book".

I did buy Photoshop Elements 10 this year, and have been playing with it throughout the year.  The idea for next year is to digi-scrap pages on elements throughout the year, and then just simply upload them as full page photos onto Shutterfly, or another like photo book software.  The only reason I use Shutterfly now, is because I like their software interface and the options they have. 

I also make/give these as gifts throughout the year.  For example, if we went on vacation that summer, I will make one for that set of grandparents (and order a copy for our house as well).

I don't claim to be a pro at this by any means, but they serve a purpose, and I think they look good :)  Feel free to take a look at the past couple books I have made.  You will just have to wait to see this years book...but here is a sneak peak at the cover ;-)
  1. Christmas 2010 Book
  2. East Coast Trip 2011
  3. Christmas 2011 Book






No comments:

Post a Comment