Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Ramblings

This week has been absolutely uneventful.  We picked up foster dogs #10 and #11 for the year on Tuesday.  Soon I will do a post on all our fosters.  We volunteer with an organization called Life is Better Rescue.  We never have the dogs/puppies for long, usually a week or 2 at a time.  It's nice because we can have a dog when we want one (and the boys LOVE dogs) and then when we are going out of town, or I am having those "bad days" we don't have the responsibility of owning a pet.  Plus, taking care of a dog full time in our little condo would be a nightmare. 

Braden named these 2 Bumblebee and Chompella.  Bumblebee because his latest obsession for the last couple months has been the Transformers.  And there is a story behind the name Chompella.  B likes to watch this show called Wild Kratz on PBS - great kids show about wild animals.  They named a baby alligator Chomp once, until they realized he was really a she, so they changed her name to Chompella.  One night when we were talking about the new baby with the boys, we asked Braden what we should name the baby if it is a girl and his response was, "Umm Maybe Chompella".  So the other night when we brought the puppies home and found out one was a girl, he said, "Since you didn't get a baby girl in your belly, we can just name my foster puppy Chompella."  This kid is just too cute for words sometimes - love him. 

Braden playing with Chompella

Bumblebee

Chompella
So there you have it, Bumblebee and Chompella. 

Zach has been having quite the "days" lately.  He is just getting overly frustrated and is extremely scentsitive lately.  Little things.  Like the other day, he wanted chicken nuggets.  So I was making him chicken nuggets and did everything like normal - he got the nuggets out of the freezer, goes to get his plate, I count out his nuggets, put them in the microwave, and then put the bag back into the freezer - except when I put the bag in the freezer he started freaking out because he thought I was not going to get him his nuggets, even though 30 seconds before I showed him how I was putting the nuggets into the microwave to cook...

He is also going through his "I am a boy and I want to be naked phase".  Please tell me my kids are not the only ones who do this!?  I think baby butts are just the cutest things every, and this phase is only acceptable when they are still little, so, why not.  If it makes him happy to be naked for 15 minutes between diaper changes, then, so be it. 

He has also been showing a little interest in going to the potty (I think he just wants to be like brother).  But you try potty training a kid who does not talk, it's tough.  He usually just goes, sits down for a hot second, then gets up and runs away.  We are not pushing the issue yet though.  So whatever interest he is showing is progress in the right direction.  Hopefully when he gets his tubes in his ears things will get a little easier.  I just hope he is done with diapers by the time the baby arrives.  We shall see.

There have been a couple other boring, mundane, day to day things that have been going on around here lately, but I wont bore you with all those details...Maybe I will do a photo journal update this weekend :) 

Off to take the puppies potty, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment